Production Cost Reduction
- 1The continuous caster enables a maximum casting speed of Vc=6m/min (achieved a casting speed of 8m/min at our test facilities), and although compact, it achieves a level of productivity that is equal to regular continuous slab casters.
- 2The reduction in quantity of rolling mill-stands required and the smaller energy consumption made possible by coupling directly to rolling mills enables a significant reduction of facilities/production costs.
- 3The break-out prediction device (learning type) prevents breakouts.
Product Quality Improvement
Steel Plantech’s quality strip production process (QSP) adopts parallel molds and utilizes liquid core reduction technology, to enable manufacturing of the world’s highest quality thin slabs.
- 1Slab sizes of between 60mm and 100mm in thickness and between 900mm and 1,650mm in width
- 2The liquid core reduction function makes it possible to change thicknesses during casting.
- 3Can be adapted for cold rolling mills, which require deep drawability.
- 4A dynamic secondary cooling system
- 5The use of a parallel mold provides superior casting surface quality.