Product Quality Improvement
Steel Plantech’s continuous slab caster enhances product quality dramatically through various functions.
- 1Originally developed mold level control system, which suppresses molten steel level fluctuation
- 2Electro-hydraulic oscillator, which makes non-sinuous vibration that reduces friction within the mold possible
- 3Dynamic secondary cooling system, which realized the optimum thermal profile
- 4Dynamic soft reduction system, which suppresses center segregation, and
- 5Decrease of internal and surface strain of slab through an optimum design of roll profiles.
Production Cost Reduction / Production Volume Increase
Cost reductions can be realized through adoption of a Steel Plantech continuous slab caster.
- 1High-speed, stable casting at speeds of over 3.0m/minute allows production of 200,000 tons or more per month per strand, significantly reducing the number of strands
- 2A break-out prediction device (learning type) prevents break outs
- 3The dynamic secondary cooling system and stepless spray-width control system minimizes unsteady portions
- 4A shape increase in operating rate by high durability and advanced maintainability of each equipment
Vertical bending machine remodeling
Extra-thick casting capable
Responding to customer’s requirements, we contribute to a superior positioning of customers’ products, e.g.;
- 1Revamping work to vertical bending caster in shorter shut down period based on a detailed and careful plan.
- 2Optimum and minimum period renovation planning and on schedule start-up of the machine according to plant facilities’ conditions.
- 3Heavy plate vertical continuous caster that expands the range of heavy plate production by casting.
- 4Dual-use twin/triple-caster machines that make it possible to cast slabs in various sizes.